How the course will be taught:
During the eight sessions there will be teaching input, guided meditations and plenty of time for questions and discussion. You will be able to apply simple and effective tools and techniques in your own lives. By practicing you will see how mindfulness can help you in your daily life-enhancing your relationships, your work and every other area of your life.
“The course surpassed my expectations, it has helped me understand that I don’t need to clear my mind, I acknowledge my thoughts. The guidance on your website has been really useful as well as the guided reading sent beforehand. This has helped me to continue to engage in mindfulness before the course as well as afterwards.” Alex
Themes covered and what you will learn:
- The Jewel in the Ice: You will learn what mindfulness is and is not and how to set up and establish a regular meditation practice
- How to live in your body, not your head: You will learn how to come out of your head and into your body.
- Living in the present: You will be shown how to stop living in the past and future and to live more in the present moment, which brings more contentment and ease.
- Calming the chattering mind: You will be shown why you have a busy mind and how to calm it. You will explore the nature
- Dancing with dragons – working with difficult emotions: You will learn how to work with stress and anxiety and all other difficult experiences. This builds more resilience to support the challenges of daily
- The ABC of mindfulness - the secret to a happy life: We will show you the secret to a
- Compassion meditation for self and others: We share the beautiful practice of compassion (loving kindness) meditation and how to apply it to yourself and others.
- Everyday mindfulness and what next: We will show you how to maintain your practice, addressing the common obstacles and pitfalls. We talk about what’s available and on offer after the course.
Course Materials, after course support and CPD Certificate: You will be sent a Mindfulness and Compassion workbook to use alongside the live course.
During and for three months after the course, you will have access to our global online membership programme. This has guided meditations, wisdom stories and observations and many teachings from Suryacitta. We facilitate monthly in-person and online drop-in meditation evenings.
This course is registered with the CPD standards office. At the end of the course we can issue you with a certificate for your CPD records.
Is it suitable for me?
It is suitable for beginners and those wanting to refresh their meditation practice. It is also suitable for any health, social care and wellbeing professional wishing to progress onto the teacher training programme.
If you are unsure about suitability the please drop us a line or ring on 07837 866619.
This course is suitable for any health and social care professionals wishing to progress onto the teacher training programme.
Cancellations must be made at least seven days prior to the start of the course. If you cancel within seven days we will look at your situation. No refunds will be given once the course has started. However, we can offer a free transfer to another course.